Thursday, May 9, 2024

Thursday Travels

I know that any morning now I am going to wake up without a list of “moving in” projects running through my head. Today, we decided to get out of the house and run errands. First a stop at the Post Office to mail a package, then to Wright County Recycle Center with our second load of moving boxes. Then on to a glass place in Buffalo to order a piece of plexiglass cut to fit a framed print Joe was given by a friend in the early 1970’s.

We had to get fuel for the Subaru. Prices are up about thirteen cents a gallon from yesterday’s prices. It is Mother’s Day weekend. That means more people may be going to see their mom, but they have to pay more for gas to get to mom’s house. After fueling up it was a trip to Target, still in Buffalo, and to Menard’s. We then drove into Rockford to stop at Dollar Tree where Joe found dried Cilantro for a couple of bucks. It is a big container and should last us for a month or two. We next stopped at Megan’s to pick up our mixer as I am hoping to bake my first loaf of sourdough bread this coming weekend.

I used part of the drive time today to chat on the phone with my middle brother, Jeff, about his family’s upcoming trip to Yellowstone National Park among other sites from Ohio to the park. They will spend a couple of days visiting with us on the first leg of their trip, the third weekend of June. Catching up with my brother made the errands more fun.

We got back home around 1:30, ate lunch, and then I decided to take a nap. Instead of sleep, my brain was listing all of the other things I could be doing. So, I tackled organizing the master bathroom drawers. I was through my drawer and halfway through Joe’s drawer when he asked me to go along with him to a frame shop in Rogers.

The Art Barbarians turned out to be a wonderful place to visit. The owners, Lynn and Chris, took time to visit with us. Joe had taken in two native headdresses from Brazil that he wanted framed. Lynn helped us to pick out a frame and the backing. I will post a photo when it is finished. In Woodland we worked with Blue Wing Art Gallery over the years. It feels terrific to meet people equally enthusiastic about their business as the Ebys are at Blue Wing.

We enjoyed a pleasant visit with Lynn. Her husband, Chris, came in the last fifteen or twenty minutes we were there. He shared a couple of  stories about work they had done over the years. After a bit, I realized we were taking a lot of their time and that we had to get  a few chores finished as well. Joe agreed it was time to head out. Then we discovered that Chris has a love for rocks. If Joe and Chris had started talking about rocks, we would still be there this time tomorrow. We finally pulled ourselves away. It was hard because we really liked them and their store.

By the time we arrived home it was time to prepare our dinner. Joe hung two bathroom towel racks in our upstairs guest bathroom while I cooked dinner. I cleaned up while he painted our house numbers. Five moments he poked his head in to ask me what other chores he had to do. It is 7:45pm and other than the time to write today and the few minutes I attempted a nap, I have not had any downtime today. I know Joe is in the same situation.

How do people work and move at the same time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

South Korean Dinner Out

Last night we had our monthly international dinner at Shinhwa Korean Steakhouse. It is an all you can eat grill and hotpot style restaurant....