Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Conviction and June Plans

Today Hunter Biden was convicted on three federal felony gun charges. As I have mentioned before, I place immense value on the jury system in our country. I think one of the major differences between the Hunter Biden jury and the recent Trump jury, which should be of particular concern to Americans, is  that the Biden jurors are not afraid to talk about their decision. I also appreciate Hunter Biden and Joe Biden’s respectful responses to the conviction. I will admit I have a bias toward people who act with dignity when things do not go the way they had hoped.

An electrical technician came over today to give us a quote on electrical work to upgrade our power for Joe to have a hobby machine shop. The new power will be installed on April 19th.

Yesterday we had tree work done by a local small business, Eggert’s Tree Services LLC. Perry Eggert went to high school with the previous homeowner’s son. We had a diseased tree removed along with about five small trees that were between three to five years old and were seedlings from a neighbor’s tree. They were overcrowding the other vegetation and were not particularly healthy. The Eggert crew did an excellent job from start to finish. We will see them again on June 21st to remove a large diseased ash tree on the south side of our yard.

Joe has plenty of work clearing out grass around tree bases and in areas that we will be laying stone. He is preparing all of this for the company to begin updating and installing an additional sprinkler/drip system for the yard. That is scheduled for the Wednesday before we go to Ohio for my 50th class reunion.

I am getting more excited every day that brings us closer to June 20th when my brother Jeff, his wife Kathy, and my two nieces (their daughters) Renee and Jami will be arriving to visit for a couple of days. The weekend after we will be in Ohio, for the weekend only, to attend my 50th high school class reunion. I am putting together a mini gathering of the Karnes family for the Sunday we are in Defiance.

There are about five or six of the Karnes cousins I have never met! Others like Mike, Dewey, Rusty, and my uncle Dick and aunt Sue I saw last year on our travels. I know that no matter who shows up we will enjoy seeing them.

We plan to see the Hudkins side of the family when we are back for the Hudkins family reunion sometime in early August.

June is working out to be the month of contractors and reunions. If I were a cartoonist, I would draw a cartoon of our yard torn up and people streaming to picnic tables set willy nilly on the torn-up lawn and a caption, “Where contractors are treated like family.” Or maybe even “Where family are treated like contractors” and show family with saws, hoes, and rakes.” Hopefully, you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...