Sunday, June 9, 2024

Signs and A Little Tool Guy

 

I needed this little sign in my life many years ago. Perhaps seeing it in front of my face would have grounded me years ago.

During the last three years of my career, I was using post-it-notes and sheets of copier paper with reminders of what I wanted to change about myself. Brene Brown quotes on vulnerability and steps for listening were among the items I posted on my computer and the side of my filing cabinet.

In retirement I have different reminders I need to post. Something like "don't act like a stalker" or "don't scare your neighbors." 

We have one little guy in the neighborhood that may be a future tool guy. I say this because Joe was working in the yard and twice this eight-year-old came by and asked Joe what he was doing and if he could "try it." First, he used a heavy-duty hoe to dig out grass and sod. The second time he used a scraper to clean brick. While he got bored after two minutes, we were impressed that he even wanted to try it. 

Joe loves to teach about tool use (and machining, math, and gardening) to anyone of any age. Not only did Joe get to play in the dirt today he got to show someone how to do something. Definitely a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...