Saturday, June 8, 2024

Gifts

 

One day earlier this week, one of the neighborhood boys knocked at the door and told me "they" were making bracelets for neighbors and I could choose up to four colors for mine. I assumed "they" was him and his sister. 

I chose two shades of pink and asked the young man what he would recommend for a third color. Yesterday his sister delivered our bracelets. You can see he recommended  green for my third color. I love my bracelet. I chose blue, black, and brown for Joe as he likes dark colors. He wore it yesterday until he went outside to pull weeds. He did not want it to get ruined or lost.

I loved this sweet gesture from our neighborhood children.

It also makes me appreciate our blessings. We had no idea when we chose this home as our "forever" home that we were getting a package deal of great neighbors with delightful children. 

Today, Charlotte texted me emojis and songs from her smart watch. I notice that when she texts me, she prefers creative ventures. The song she has been playing with today is, "It's raining, it's pouring the old man is snoring." She produced the "weatherman is boring" along with three other versions. Charlotte has a strong singing voice and I enjoyed all of her versions. She asked me to pick a favorite and I chose the original version. I did let her know I appreciated her creative versions as well.

It makes my heart happy when Charlotte reaches out to me via text.

To those who thought I "would get bored" in retirement; Silly you. Perhaps you meant to ask if I "would be blessed" in retirement.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...