Friday, July 26, 2024

Dear Deer

Caleb and Charlotte brought my attention to the visitors in their back yard yesterday morning. The kids also saw the mother nearby. We were able to get a picture before Pan and Sylvie started barking and the fawns fled. The good news is I was not driving so it was no stress for me - the deer are lovely when the fear of hitting them is not present.


While the deer played in neighborhood backyards, we played Unstable Unicorns and Life. I won Life with $1.5 million dollars; Caleb was second at $1.1 million and Charlotte was only $10,000 less than the $1.1 million. Please note we all became millionaires. My career was in technical support, Caleb was a sheriff, Charlotte was an artist. Both Caleb and Charlotte chose the college path, while I chose the career path. Everyone is forced to get married in the game and everyone has to buy a house. Charlotte and I both landed on spots and had children. Caleb did not have any children so when he landed on a spot that had to do with being a grandparent, he insisted that he had no children so could not be a grandparent. 

I told him maybe his wife was married before and had a grown child who in turn had a baby. He looked at me like I was nuts. 

In the evening, Joe and I drove back to Riverside Park in Rockford to attend a Volunteer Appreciation event for volunteers and their families. There were about eighty people in attendance. I was happy to see Jean, Steve, Karen, Paula, and three other volunteers from the thrift store days. I was happy to introduce Joe to them. Once the grandkids go back to school in September, I may start going in on Thursday mornings to volunteer for three hours.

On the way back from Rockford at dusk we spotted three deer in a field. It was my first deer spotting while we were driving this summer.

It was a busy and fun day. I wonder if Amazon would let me use the $1.5 million Life money. Hmmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Life

 I know I am privileged to live a happy life. I have had to work at it as I have aged and in the process of living encountered obstacles and...