Saturday, July 27, 2024

Wrong!

What do people often wrongly assume about you?

People often assume I am an extrovert. The last time I took the Myers Briggs test I scored 51% introvert and 49% extrovert. This qualifies me as an ambivert. Given this testing was during COVID-19 years. I was emotionally exhausted from dealing with COVID-19 regulations and codes and the workplace issues associated with isolating by departments. People around me had needs that I was paid to help them with daily.

In my twenties, I did test as an extrovert.

I often hear people say, “I am an introvert and I hate people.” Having spent time with them, I think they mean that they need to spend time away from people. It is not the people they hate – it is simply that an introvert’s energy gets drained and if they are with people when this happens, they need to find ways to get enough time alone to recharge their energy.

I hear my introvert friends saying, “Nah, I hate people.”

Yet those same friends are among  the funniest and loveliest people I know. They are voluntarily  communicating with me, and I am a ‘people.’

So, I can only speak for myself when I say, “I love people.” I love their stories, their personalities, their adventures. I love visiting and talking with people and then I need to have time for myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Life

 I know I am privileged to live a happy life. I have had to work at it as I have aged and in the process of living encountered obstacles and...