Wednesday, July 24, 2024

On My Mind Today

I was thinking about buying the above T-shirt for Joe. On a practical note, he only wears plain T-shirts in public so it would be a waste of money as I already know he is thinking about plants... and to be fair he is not always thinking about getting more plants, he also thinks about planting, watering, and nurturing them.

The T-shirt would also be more accurate if it had a raised flower bed or yard with plants on it. I am the one who loves plants in the house. I buy them and then he ends up watering them at least half of the time. Before retirement he did the watering 99.9% of the time. 

Joe is very mindful about listening when I am talking. If he knows I am talking to him. There are times when it is only the two of us in the room and I start talking. He will turn to me and ask if I am talking to him. He has told me on more than one occasion I need to say his name first to get his attention. I get this, I really do, since he talks to himself frequently, he may think I am talking to myself. 

Joe is also mindful about listening when neighbors stop by to chat while he is working in the yard. I am grateful they have stopped because otherwise he would not have taken breaks from digging and shoveling. He is happy doing these chores and he appreciates how much stronger his arms have grown over the past three months. A normal day is at least five hours of work out in the yard as he tries to get it fixed up the way he wants it to look. His ultimate goal is to have a yard requiring extraordinarily little maintenance. 

That will give him more time to water the plants in the house.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Day Flew By

Today got away from me. It might be because I stayed in bed reading until 9:30 am. If I didn’t have a bladder, I might still be lounging. ...