Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Story of the Toilet Paper Holder

What annoyance have you put up with because it isn’t worth the trouble to fix?

Oh, this is easy! The toilet paper holder in our master bathroom. It is triangular shaped with prongs that a plastic tube fits into. It causes me no end of grief when I attempt to put a new roll on it. Getting the roll onto the plastic tube is easy. Pinching the plastic tube to set it in the first prong usually goes okay. Pinching and trying to insert the plastic tube with the new roll on it into the second prong while holding the triangle steady requires three or more hands. Maybe my hands are too small!

I have been dealing with this holder since April 19th when we moved in. I kept thinking I would figure out a way to make it easier. I figured it would be easy to replace it but felt I needed to learn to live with it. After all it was not broken and looks kind of unique.

Monday morning the top of the triangle came out of the wall during the changeover to a new roll.

Joe went up and fixed it after I told him I hated the thing and wanted a new one just like the one Megan bought when she painted the half bath on the main floor. There may have been tears (of frustration) on my part.

This morning, we stopped at Lowe’s to buy weed killer and he bought me a gift… a new toilet paper holder just like the one Megan bought for the half bath. 



1 comment:

  1. We have two light switches 12 feet apart on opposing walls that control the same ceiling fixtures. In evitably, whereever we attempt to turn on or off the lights, the switch we chose is the wrong one, the one that won't do what we ask. This necessitates a grueling slog across the 12' of foyer and often results in a curse word or two, always grumbling. But alas, I'm quite sure it will never be remedied. Hip hip hooray for Joe! Congratulations to you.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Life

 I know I am privileged to live a happy life. I have had to work at it as I have aged and in the process of living encountered obstacles and...