Thursday, August 1, 2024

Lunch Out

I enjoyed lunch with Jeremy, Caleb, and Charlotte today at The Hen and Hog restaurant. Jeremy normally works Thursday, and I stay with the children while Megan volunteers. After working for eight straight days, Jeremy got the day off to spend with Megan and the kids.

Even though we had leftovers to bring home, we had dessert. Jeremy had cannoli with shortbread flavored filling, I chose crème brûlée which Charlotte helped me eat and we left about one-third of it for Jeremy to take home to Megan, and Charlotte chose Banana Foster bread pudding. Charlotte loved her dessert and took most of it home. In fairness it was a huge serving!

Conversations with a ten- and eight-year-old are fun to participate in. I also appreciate the opportunity to listen to Jeremy and Megan interact with the kids. Today a highlight was when I asked Jeremy if Megan was still throwing up in the mornings. He told me she was doing a bit better. Caleb asked why Megan was throwing up and Jeremy explained that when women are pregnant their bodies are adjusting and so they can get an upset tummy.

At which point, Charlotte announced she did not want to ever have any babies then. Jeremy told her that she didn’t need to even think about that right now and that when she was older, she could make that decision for herself. She was fine with that.

I spent the morning, before lunch, packing for our weekend trip to Ohio and working on our family budget. We will be leaving for Ohio early tomorrow morning. My cousin, Earl Jr. will be riding along with us again this year. The reunion is Saturday afternoon and then we leave at 8:0am Sunday to return to Minnesota. A lot of driving to attend a four-hour reunion!

After lunch, I went to have my nails enhanced. Okay, that means I had my nails trimmed and polished! As it is raining, I may spend time this afternoon watching a movie. Yesterday during a storm, I found myself just watching the rain come down and the wind in the trees. I made a video!

And for fun I took a photo of Charlotte’s lunch time dessert.



 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Life

 I know I am privileged to live a happy life. I have had to work at it as I have aged and in the process of living encountered obstacles and...