Thursday, July 18, 2024

Terrific Thursday!

Caleb, Charlotte, and I went to Saint Michael Cinema 15 to watch Despicable Me 4. We did the 10:40am show. After the movie we ate McDonalds for lunch. Their Happy Meals had Despicable Me 4 toys. I picked the kids up at 8:30am this morning. Caleb gave me a rundown on Despicable Me 2 so I would have a better understanding of how Gru goes from a bad guy to working for the good guys.


Eleanor sent me a photo of the ice cream stand across from her son’s home in Sterling, Kansas. She also wrote, “I said view was from porch swing but didn't say the TNT was also visible from the living room, the dining room, and the window to the side of me in the kitchen. Talk about temptation!” The name of the place is TNT Dairyland.

View from the front porch...

I was happy that Eleanor also sent me a photo of her taken during her Kansas visit. She is all decked out for the July 4th celebration. Sterling hosts a parade that happens to go down the street her son’s family lives on. They also have the best fireworks show she has ever seen. The show takes place over water, so the reflections are amazing.


While the grandkids and I were at the movies and lunch, Joe and the neighborhood teen were putting together raised garden beds. They still have five more to go. Joe said the teen did a particularly good job. I know I went out to the garage to let Joe know we were leaving for the movies and the young man was chatting away with Joe like they were long time friends. This teen wants to study biotechnology engineering in college as he wants to develop medical devices. I think I have that correct!

Joe had his six-month blood test done to make sure he did not have cancer. It has been three years since his cancer surgery. He saw a new doctor and the doctor was impressed with Joe’s excellent health. I thought the clinic artwork was cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Day 632 of My Daily Writing Journey

  When I decided to write everyday after retiring from my business career, I thought I might be okay with trying it for a year to see if I c...