Sunday, July 28, 2024

Words of Wisdom Unplugged


Things my mother and father taught me that I remind myself of when reading the news:

“Two wrongs don’t make a right.”

“If you don’t have anything nice to say about someone, don’t say anything.”

“Look out for each other.”

 

Things my husband has said to me that have changed my life as a friend, partner, and co-worker:

“I am forwarding you an article on assigning intent to others.”

“I love that you talk to me when something is on your mind.”

“I am not a mind reader.”

 

I love how the universe provides me with lessons as I need them. Today I am finding that I want to unplug from all of the media and social media. So, I am going to do just that for the rest of the day. Unless one of my friends sends a meme or video to make me laugh.

Besides, I have books I want to read. It is too easy for me to get distracted with the Internet providing movies, TV shows, political news, and social media. None of which helps me to relax and let go of the outside world for a while.

By the way, do you have a favorite parent or partner saying? 

2 comments:

  1. Dennis always says it is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is right. Someone jokingly asked me he meaning of life and I told them "Let it be." and "It is what it is."

    ReplyDelete

Happy Life

 I know I am privileged to live a happy life. I have had to work at it as I have aged and in the process of living encountered obstacles and...