Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Favorite Age?



Writing Prompt for today: What has been your favorite age?

The age I am today, sixty-eight is my favorite age. Last year my favorite age was sixty-seven. When I was sixteen, my favorite age was sixteen. That isn’t to say, I haven’t had a year that was particularly good or particularly rough. One of the best times of my life was my pregnancy with Megan and her birth. Being her mom has helped the years to go quickly.

Age has never been an issue, though. I have anticipated certain ages over the years. I was excited when I turned sixteen because I could get my driver’s license. At eighteen I could vote, which I thought was a huge privilege (it still is exciting). At twenty-one I could have a beverage with alcohol. At twenty-five I could rent a car for work without my bosses’ signature and my car insurance rates went down.

I was looking forward to seventy as that was the year I planned to retire from the workforce. Instead, I moved retirement up to sixty-six and a half years. I still look forward to seventy, as well as eighty and ninety. I will be thankful to make it to each of those ages! Meanwhile, I will continue to embrace each day as it arrives and feel grateful for my good health, good friends, and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Day 632 of My Daily Writing Journey

  When I decided to write everyday after retiring from my business career, I thought I might be okay with trying it for a year to see if I c...