Sunday, August 4, 2024

Home Again!

Today was our return trip to Minnesota. We left Holiday City, Ohio at 8:00am Eastern time and dropped Earl Jr. off at around 7:00pm in Medford, Minnesota. Instead of heading straight home we went to Coon Rapids and ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Then it was another thirty minutes home. We rolled in the door at 9:45pm. We are both happy to be home.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is to rain all day! Our plan is to sleep in tomorrow morning and relax the rest of the day. Tuesday we can get back to our normal routines. We are done with our travel plans for the summer. We do want to get up to Duluth, Minnesota in late September. I am told the fall colors are beautiful in the northern part of the state.

After this trip, we decided our next trip to Ohio will be through Wisconsin to Northern Michigan and then drive south to Ohio. The new scenery and avoiding Chicago, Illinois and Gary, Indiana will make for a happier Beth. Joe thinks it is a good plan for him as well.

Alto is happy to see us! She told me all about how abandoned she felt for the past three days even though Megan came to feed her. I assured Alto we are done with overnight trips for a month or two. I promised her lots of petting when I finished writing tonight. She nipped my hand as if to say, “Don’t bother!”

New plan – I am taking a shower before she gets any more pets. Goodnight! 

1 comment:

Happy Life

 I know I am privileged to live a happy life. I have had to work at it as I have aged and in the process of living encountered obstacles and...