Saturday, August 10, 2024

Outdoors!

Joe’s new twenty-three-foot extension ladder arrived today. That meant it was time to clean the eaves once again. We have had lots of rain and wind over the past month, so Joe wanted to make sure the eaves were not clogged. We started on the north side of the house and sure enough there were twigs and dirt to be cleaned out. The eaves at back of the house (east)) were dirty close to the north side and clean as we moved to the southern side of the house.

I took photos of Joe hard at work. The rule we have is that when he gets on a ladder, I must be outside with him. When he was working at the back of the house, I cleared out dead stalks and undergrowth on plants around our back patio. I will get out tomorrow and finish them up. Once we got to the south side of the house, Joe stopped to repair a three-foot section of the eaves by installing new clamps. Then it was time to stop for dinner.

I was outside with Joe for about three hours today. The weather was lovely and quite comfortable at  seventy-one degrees with a slight breeze. It was nice to sit in the yard, near Joe, while he worked. We have so much greenery around us that it is like forest bathing.

Mr. Toad hanging out with us today.
Joe on the ladder on the southside of our house, The top
floor is the sunroom. The open door below the sunroom is to
a storage bay where Joe keeps the lawnmower, lawn tools, and ladders.

South area of our lawn, the closest window on the bottom floor is to the bedroom in the basement.
Above that window is the window to our kitchen on the main level. Beyond that window is the
window in our dining room area. Along the stone area is where we planted the rose bushes 
from Uncle Dick and Aunt Sue's yard. On the left, near the retaining wall, is the lilac bush 
Joe bought a few months ago. It is thriving!

Joe watering the rose bushes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Day 632 of My Daily Writing Journey

  When I decided to write everyday after retiring from my business career, I thought I might be okay with trying it for a year to see if I c...