Friday, September 27, 2024

Judging Judges

 


I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. Reading about the judges helped me to understand more about the court system as well as each of the candidates. The diverse backgrounds of the judges are encouraging. The court is not made up of old white men. Not that I personally have anything against old white men – I am married to one.

I read for so long that my eyes started watering. I laid down to rest my eyes when Joe came in and said he needed to drive over to Menards in Buffalo. I drove him and gave my eyes the opportunity to water in the sunshine while looking at all of the beautiful countryside greenery. When we got to Buffalo, I stayed in the car with the engine running. It is 82 degrees here today but feels like 88 degrees. That is almost 90 degrees! I think it is among the ten hottest days since we moved here in July 2023.

Tonight, we are headed to south of Minneapolis for our International dinner with Megan, Jeremy, Caleb, Charlotte, and Baby Bean (arriving end of January 2025 – maybe early February) to have a South Korean meal at Shinhwa Korean Steakhouse. It is a fixed price all-you-can eat barbecue and hotpot dinner. We will see how this works for Caleb and Charlotte.

After dinner we will come back to the house and eat snacks from South Korea. Next month is supposed to be Italy. I love Italian food and look forward to finding a good Italian restaurant in the Minneapolis area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...