Friday, September 6, 2024

Keeping Busy

We got an early start to our day with an 8:00am appointment at the closest Subaru dealership which meant we had to be out of the door by 7:15am. After we dropped our car to have a tow package installed, we stopped and had breakfast before going to Costco. Costco opens at 10:00am so we sat in the parking lot and read until they opened.

We got back home, put  our groceries away, and headed to Menards in Buffalo. Subaru service called when we were about five minutes from our house to say our car was ready. We changed course to get our car back. Our loaner was a 2024 Subaru Outback. It is a smaller car than our 2022. While Joe was in the Parts department, I found myself asking the car if they had been good to her. I was so happy to have our car back.

We drove to Buffalo and hit up the nursery to prepay for an order of mulch and apple trees they are delivering next week, stopped into a trailer seller, and then finally to Menards to order landscaping brick to be delivered on Monday.

BY the time we got back home I was ready for a short nap. In a few minutes we are off to get our annual COVID-19 vaccine.

Yesterday we had our annual in-home nurse visit. Our nurse is pregnant with her third child. Her family is excited because they have a four-year-old daughter and a 2-year-old daughter. The new baby is a boy. We had a nice visit. Joe and I got a clean bill of health and congratulations for the proactive habits we engage in to try to maintain our prescription-free life.

At the end of the session, they make recommendations for what we can check into further to maintain good health. The only item recommended for me was to talk to my doctor about a lung scan since I smoked for twenty years. (aged 15 to aged 35). MY lungs sounded clear during the exam – a scan would be a precautionary measure. Joe’s recommendation was to check his blood pressure daily for a week to make sure it is below 140/80. Joe has ‘white-coat and dentist’ syndrome where his blood pressure is higher than normal.

Well, we are off to get our vaccine!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Day 632 of My Daily Writing Journey

  When I decided to write everyday after retiring from my business career, I thought I might be okay with trying it for a year to see if I c...