Thursday, October 3, 2024

Fall Has Arrived!

 

The leaves on our hillside trees are beginning to change colors! The changing colors lift my spirits even further than normal. As we drive around the area there are increasingly more red and orange leaves interspersed with the greenery. It is so beautiful.

The temperature dipped from in the low 80s yesterday to the low 60s today. The sky is grey. It is October 3rd, and the weather gods have decided it is finally the moment to deliver fall to Saint Michael, Minnesota. 


Growing up in Ohio, Fall was my favorite time of the year, despite my allergy to ragweed. Every year at picture time, usually the end of September, I would cough and sneeze until I had a red nose. The red nose made for lovely school photographs. To this day when my allergies flare the tip of my nose will get bright red (yes, think Rudolph) and itch like crazy.

While I have not been looking for work, and I have plenty to keep me busy, I decided to sign on as a consultant with Pampered Chef. My goal is to fund my own Pampered Chef purchases of the larger appliances I want to add to my kitchen. If I make a little bit of additional money, I can spend more on my grandchildren …

This morning, I did food prep for tomorrows crockpot pork roast with potatoes and carrots. Now, I am off to wash windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find the Broom (How Smart are You?)

  There is a broom hidden in the above picture. I found the broom within 30 seconds. Does this mean I am smarter than average? I doubt it. I...