Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Voting/Window Cleaner/Nobody Wants This

Joe and I completed our ballots today and turned them in at Saint Michael City Hall. As we drove home Joe remarked, “This is the most consequential election I will ever vote in.” I agree. I am relieved to have voted and to be done with the process. I can’t imagine why people don’t vote. Perhaps growing up around parents who were committed to the work of unions instilled in me that it is both a privilege and a responsibility to vote.

I am relieved to have the Vice-Presidential debate over with as well. I agree with most everyone writing about the debate that most likely it did not change anyone’s opinion on which candidate they will support. I liked Walz’s relatability and authenticity. I am not looking for a debater – I am looking for a collaborator in my choice of candidates. I can relate to Walz and not at all to Vance.

I made homemade window cleaner and tested it out on the windows in the sunroom. It was so much easier to use than Windex! I am delighted with the end result. I only did the inside as I am not climbing a ladder to do the outside. That’s a Joe job.

Since I had to move my desk to clean two of the windows, I decided to make the desk move permanent. My monitor now blocks my view of the neighbors’ backyards. More privacy for them! I can still look out the windows and enjoy the scenery.

I did find time today to watch three episodes of Nobody Wants This on Netflix. This show is a wonderful treat after window washing (or any other chore). I laughed aloud and got teary-eyed at poignant moments as well. The creator of the story is Erin Foster and is loosely based on her own relationship with her now husband. She mentions that some plot points were added for entertainment value. But the “emotional journey” is accurate, Foster says. “It’s not always like tangible things I can point to,” Foster told Today. “The emotional journey, I would say, is very accurate to my experience of meeting my husband.” (source https://www.deseret.com/entertainment/2024/10/02/nobody-wants-this-true-story-foster/).

Do we know how to have a fun day at the Coehlo house?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find the Broom (How Smart are You?)

  There is a broom hidden in the above picture. I found the broom within 30 seconds. Does this mean I am smarter than average? I doubt it. I...