Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Tuesday's Tangents of a Cat Lady

 

Today was vaccine day. Pneumonia and flu shots get marked off the list of to do items.

We also made a trip to Menard’s (Surprise!!) so Joe could buy a miter saw and workstation for his shop. He plans to build a sifting screen for extra dirt we have left from the backyard. When the largest retaining wall was installed, the company dumped the excess soil they dug up on top of rocks that were in the yard. The result is a mess that we cannot take anywhere to dispose of as it is not soil or rock.

Besides Joe is happier when he has a project. Once he gets the screen made, he can sift the dirt and use it in the raised garden beds. Yesterday I mentioned that he was done with yard projects until next spring. Go ahead, laugh aloud with me. This is the last ‘project’ he says.

Tonight is the Vice-Presidential debate. Part of me is looking forward to watching. Another part of me wants to go to sleep instead. That may be the flu vaccine side-effects, or it may be anxiety over the debate. I tell myself that is silly as it is what it is, and I AM NOT the one debating. I feel compelled to watch as I want to know first-hand what is said and not have to rely on media accounts and memes plastered on Twitter (X) and Facebook. Then again, it seems to me I could bury my head in the sand. I just can’t!

I may need a nap first, though. Well, maybe. I tried to nap when I was finished with chores and Alto wanted pets. We know who won that round. I did not get a nap. Alto is a happy cat. This officially makes me a cat lady.

Alto laying on top of me while I tried to nap ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find the Broom (How Smart are You?)

  There is a broom hidden in the above picture. I found the broom within 30 seconds. Does this mean I am smarter than average? I doubt it. I...