Sunday, January 29, 2023

Adulting

 Adulting. The practice of behaving in a way characteristic of a responsible adult, especially the accomplishment of mundane but necessary tasks. (Online Oxford Dictionary).

 I first heard about this term from my daughter when she turned 18 (she’ll be 31 next month).

I would also hear people at work use the term:       

            “I was adulting this weekend and filed my income taxes.”

            “I did adulting this weekend and went grocery shopping.”

            “Adulting is for workdays only. My weekends are for rest.”

Today, I had my first moment, in years,  of wanting to shed “adulting” and climb under the covers and hide in my bed. It was when I got the quote for the bathroom repair. On the positive side, the repair is scheduled for tomorrow and Tuesday. Thank goodness we are retired and don’t have to plan to take time off of work while the repair person is on the job. Just in time for the all-house Inspector on Wednesday.

Another stroke of good fortune was that Home Depot in Natomas had laminate we liked and at a reasonable price.

Adulting with Joe Coehlo is a blessing. I told him I am grateful he remains calm and doesn’t get angry when things go cattywampus in life. He stays the course and will try to help in whatever way he can. I am not on this life journey alone.

Adulting tip of the day: When you have new flooring installed in a bathroom – make sure the installer does not caulk all of the way around your toilet when they reinstall the toilet. We are told that there should be a 2” gap in the caulking at the back of the toilet. This gap means that if there is a leak - that could potentially create mold – the water will leak through the gap and you can get it repaired immediately. Our floor covering installer did not leave a gap so we did not know there was a leak until the linoleum changed color – by then it was too late. We have to have a new subfloor and new linoleum as a result.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...