Friday, February 24, 2023

Kindness

 


This lovely meme found its way to me. A message I need to remind myself of when I get frustrated or angry about someone being unkind to those around me. I have been on the receiving end of someone acting kindly toward me when I have been unkind, I never purposely choose to be unkind; however, I can feel it when it is happening and I try to stop me in my tracks and start over. It usually happens on the phone when I am dealing with someone at a utility company. It’s not a good feeling on my part.

So much of who I am can be explained by the reels of my parent’s voices in my head:

            “Two wrongs don’t make a right.”

            “Kindness is the oil that greases our life.”

            “Sit on the floor back-to-back with your brother(or sister) until you think about your behavior and can apologize.” (This was when we were fighting about something).

            “Remember the Golden Rule.”

All I know is that kindness is a choice we can make and it hasn’t always been easy to be nice to someone when it isn’t reciprocated.

I also believe that there are people who do believe kindness is a weakness. That’s on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...