Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Aftermath of Vacation

Today has been sort of a bust in terms of accomplishing tasks. During our six day trip I didn’t think about accomplishing anything except enjoying the people around me. Now that we are home I feel as if I need to be busy doing ‘productive’ things.

We have about 90% of our packing done. The house is tidy. No laundry to do. Our schedule for the next couple of weeks in Woodland is filling up nicely with last goodbye plans with friends. I finished updating our family and trip budgets this morning and set up Joe’s iPad with the Kindle App. Meals for the rest of the week are planned out and just need to be heated up (we have become fans of the prepackaged salad mixes at Costco). I took a nap this afternoon.

I could scale my clothing down to only what I am wearing on the trip. It feels too soon to do that. I could finish packing the kitchen – it feels too soon to do that. I could deep clean the house. It feels too soon to do that. Whoa that sort of leaves relaxing.

Have you ever looked up the definition of relax? Oxford languages definition 1 reads, “make or become less tense or anxious.”  Merriam-Webster at least lists the definition I think of (5th meaning), “to seek rest or recreation.”  I was a bit stymied though by the 6th meaning, “to relieve constipation.”

I’m taking the fifth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

South Korean Dinner Out

Last night we had our monthly international dinner at Shinhwa Korean Steakhouse. It is an all you can eat grill and hotpot style restaurant....