Saturday, March 18, 2023

Singing Your Own Song

 

The above meme from tinybuddha.com is a great reminder to be authentically ourselves. It is something I continue to learn to do. Asking myself if I do what feels true for me or if I am doing what someone else expects. My daughter has always marched to her own drum, I admire her for doing so. I remember in my 30’s lamenting (in my head) that I was always expected, “to be the good daughter, the good wife, the good mother, the good employee” – I thought that made me boring. It probably did. There is a saying, “You are most like the 5 people you hang out with.” I found friends that were, and still are, authentically themselves and it has helped me to feel more confident to be me. I am still a work in progress.

The days are speeding by now as we prepare for our trip and our move to Minnesota. Joe is still plugging away on his tool inventory valuation. He is well over halfway through the 1600 lines he had to assign a value to for insuring for the move. This afternoon, he took a break to do some weeding in the front yard. Some of our poppies may bloom before we leave on the 29th.

This morning we met up with Greg and Kathy Cook for coffee. Greg and I were married for 19 years and he is Megan’s biological father. We caught up on family members and who is doing what these days. 

I also spent part of the day checking out camping sites in Texas and making reservations. I enjoy the reservations.org site for making camping reservations. I like having the fees pre-paid. We won’t have to be concerned about carrying cash in different denominations since fees are different at each of the campgrounds. There is also the relief that we have a camp site and can't be turned away because the camp is full.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...