Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Dingman Falls, Pennsylvania (Road Trip Day 64)

The bears did not eat me. Joe and I slept well at the campground. This morning we met up with Linda at Dingmans Falls which is in the same National Forest as our campground. This forest is in the Pocono Mountains.

The walk into the falls is made up of wooden planks and according to my step counter is 2000 steps one way. We arrived at 10:00am and there was nobody else around so we could enjoy the sounds of nature. I took photos and a few short clips. I think hearing the waterfalls is as enjoyable as seeing them.

Linda snapped a photo of the two of us and another photo of Joe and me. I think she has a filter on the first photo cause it’s true she looks young and gorgeous – this photo makes me look a bit younger. Thank you, Linda!

Beth & Linda, May 31, 2023

Joe & Beth Coehlo, May 31, 2023 at Silver Thread Falls

Thankfully, the path to the falls includes bench seating every 400 to 500 feet. We walked from bench to bench, enjoying nature, and would then sit and talk for a bit. We finished the trip there and back in about 2 ½ hours and I’ll admit most of it was sitting and talking. Joe was a trooper and went the entire trek which included steps and a path up above Dingman’s where he saw a third waterfall.

Linda and I were happy to experience Silver Thread Falls and Dingman Falls.

The creek at Dingmans Falls 
Silver Threads Waterfall @ Dingmans Falls
Dingmans Waterfall




The creek
Silver Thread Falls
Dingmans Falls

After our visit to the falls, we had lunch at a local pub.

Linda had to pick her grandchildren up from school shortly after 3:00 pm and Joe I drove to Millbrook Village (Hardwick, New Jersey) which is a recreation of old buildings to represent a facsimile of a village in the area during the 1700s. We were the only two visitors. The Village is unstaffed and still undergoing restoration. Joe was disappointed in the village; however, we enjoyed the drive through the Poconos.

Now we are sitting in a Starbucks. I am writing my blog from here as our campground has no Wi-Fi or phone reception.

I am happy we got to visit Linda on this road trip. I appreciate her vulnerability and trust in sharing so much of her life experiences. She is a blessing in my life.

Tomorrow, we head to Altoona, Pennsylvania.


1 comment:

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...