Monday, July 10, 2023

Full Service

My cousin Cynthia came by to visit today. She is an independent small load driver. We had lunch at an interesting bar and grill in Buffalo, Minnesota. Interesting because when we walked in there were about thirty people standing around with seven to ten people at the bar and five people sitting in the booths.

The restaurant located at the back of a bowling alley – hey, it had good ratings! When asked, the bartender confirmed we were at Bison Creek Bar & Grill. I asked about the people standing around. Her response, “Oh, they will be moving into the back room shortly. They are here for a funeral. I am short-handed but have a seat and I’ll send the cook over for your drink order.”

Yes, it seems that the bowling alley and the bar and grill are all part of an event center that includes a room attached to the bar-restaurant area for all kinds of community events.

The cook came out and took our drink order and the bartender delivered the iced tea, coffee, and soda. The bartender then took our food order, and the cook delivered our food. Meanwhile, the room eventually cleared.

We were all tickled by the contrast in services offered. One stop shopping. Bowl, drink, eat, and attend a funeral.

Cynthia and I spent the afternoon and late into the evening sitting on the back deck visiting. She is ten years older than me so by the time I was old enough to remember anything she was already a teenager. Still, I remember her as one of my cool ‘older’ cousins. Today, she was gracious and forthcoming about her life and experiences. I enjoyed getting to know her a bit better.

This morning Joe finished hanging the artwork we wanted to get up. The refrigerator got plugged in – it needed to sit for two days because it was transported on its side – and appears to be working fine. We hope to get groceries to fill it tomorrow.

Megan gifted me my first ‘living’ plant for our flat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...