Friday, July 21, 2023

On the Road Again - Ohio

Our road trip to Ohio started at 5:00am. We stopped in Medford, Minnesota to pick up my cousin Earl. Earl is 81 years old. His mom was one of my mom’s older sisters (Jean). I have written about two of his sisters before -Roseann and Cynthia.

The last time I remember seeing Earl I was probably around eight years old. He reminded me today that he and his wife at the time, Karen, babysit for my brother Kenny and me when we were small. It had to have been before I was four years old, or they would have babysat for my sister Jeni also.  While I don’t recall the babysitting, I do have vague memories of being in a car with Karen so that may have been part of the babysitting. By the time I was ten years old, Earl and Karen were off having their own life with their four children.

The drive was long; however, it was less tedious as Earl shared with me part of his life story. From his adventures in Central America and Mexico, to his early career days as a counselor in a halfway house in a major Ohio city, to living in San Antonio, Texas and now Medford, Minnesota.

We got into Archbold, Ohio where we are staying this weekend, to discover after we unpacked our car that we were hungry. Our local options at 10:00 pm were McDonalds, a pizza place, and a bar and grill. McDonald’s Big Macs, no fries or drinks, won the night.

Now I am ready for bed! I am beyond tired.

1 comment:

  1. I could never get a Big Mac and skip the fries. Are you three on diets?? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...