Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Another Day in the Life

We started the morning with the kids and dogs coming to our flat to play. I snapped a few photos. I guess it’s cool to hang out here.

Pan and Rufio playing at 9:00 am in our flat.

Caleb and Charlotte playing at 8:55 am in our flat.

I spent a couple of hours today on the phone with our prescription drug coverage company changing our address from California to Minnesota, this also means they needed to write a different insurance plan. Neither Joe nor I take prescriptions, but it doesn’t matter because if we don’t keep a prescription drug plan in place we have to pay penalties later when we try to sign up again. Two hours later the coverage change was completed, and we get to save about fifty cents a month each by living in Minnesota instead of California.

The other day I sliced my fingernail and finger using a mandoline slicer on onions for stroganoff. I managed to not get blood on the food or the slicer and got the finger bandaged before finishing dinner. A few days later the sliced nail caught in a piece of fabric and pulled partially off. Bled a lot then! I continued to keep it bandaged but would hit my finger against something and the pain was agonizing. Today, Joe took a plastic tool container and cut it down to fit over my fingertip. He drilled holes in the ‘plastic splint’ so my finger could heal faster. He is pleased with his ingenuity as am I.

Homemade splint. Thank you, Joe.


2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I’ve done that! Hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that once... My mandoline went straight into the garbage!

    ReplyDelete

South Korean Dinner Out

Last night we had our monthly international dinner at Shinhwa Korean Steakhouse. It is an all you can eat grill and hotpot style restaurant....