Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Midwest Mountaineering - Minneapolis

We drove into Minneapolis today to purchase an item that was only available at Midwest Mountaineering. Our last trip into the city was on a Sunday morning and the traffic was not as heavy as the traffic today. Lots of freeway interchanges with backed up traffic making lane changing more difficult kept us on our toes.

The store sits near the University of Minnesota campus (a block from the back of the store) and this area of the city is very clean. While traffic was heavy, most of the drivers on the city streets were courteous (unlike the freeway driving). I downloaded a photo of the store because it is huge (almost a city block and multiple stories). I sat in the car while Joe ran in make a purchase. No time to explore today.

I was intrigued by a store called Midwest Mountaineering sitting in the middle of a city, so I read the About Us on their website. I love their story. Check it out at https://www.midwestmtn.com/about-us/

We are not city folk. During our drive we talked about how we prefer the smaller towns like Buffalo, Delano, and Rockford. We like space. We like lighter traffic. 

We went to Maple Grove this morning for our weekly trip to Costco. I walked around the store with Joe and came back to Rockford and did my cul-de-sac walk with Megan and Rufio. I am also trying to add at least 100 additional steps each day to the previous days step count. Really trying to get my stamina back. Rufio has finally figured out that the walk route will not change – there will be grates/storm drains. It took Megan a few minutes this morning to get him to budge from the driveway. I hope one morning she doesn’t have the same issue with me… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...