Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Ted Lasso Season 2 and Coehlo Life

I finished Season 2 of Ted Lasso today. Looking forward to starting Season 3 soon. Someone posted these posters on Facebook a few weeks back while I was watching Season 1.
The artist is Karen Hallion. Check out more of her illustrations on her Facebook page.

Watching Ted Lasso reminds me of the energy it takes to be a good listener and to take the high road. When Nate verbally attacks Ted and accuses him of not liking him and ignoring him, I thought the compassion Ted showed in not interrupting or trying to defend his own actions was HUGE. To be able to listen and not respond in a negative way is admirable. I think watching Ted could help me to be a better human being!

Walking extra steps whenever I can is taking a toll on me today. I am tuckered out, and it is only 8:40 pm. Megan and I walked at 8:15 this morning before her family headed out for the water park for today and tomorrow. I also made more trips than usual up and down the stairs. I keep thinking this will all pay off and I will wake up one morning totally energized. 

Today, Joe made a pot of spaghetti sauce with mushrooms and zucchini and we ate it for lunch and dinner over gluten-free linguini. It's the first time he has made his sauce since we left California on March 29th. It tasted amazing. After dinner we headed over to the Cub in Buffalo for a few items we had missed on our shopping trip yesterday.

My gratitude list today included:
  • Joe and Megan are both encouraging me to walk as much as I can while also encouraging me to rest when I can't take another step. Their support is a huge blessing.
  • Friends. I am grateful for the check-ins, memes, and stories that are shared with me by email or by Messenger every day. It helps me to feel connected to the world at large.
  • Having the opportunity to see and spend time with Charlotte and Caleb on a regular basis. I enjoy seeing the world through their eyes. I enjoy eating dinner with them.
  • Adjusting to our new mattress is going well! It has a layer that helps to keep me cool while sleeping. No waking up in the middle of the night sweating!
  • The weighted blanket also helps with cooling.
  • I can read a book, or take a nap, or do anything I want to whenever I want to these days. I appreciate the opportunity to be retired these days.




No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Last Straw" from My Past

What was your “last straw” with someone you stopped speaking to? I had to think long and hard on this prompt. Mostly because while I can ide...