Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Time with Friends

Our friend, Elizabeth, came over to visit this morning before her work day started. It was fun to hear about her recent cruise/trip to Alaska. Joe was resting up as he was up coughing several times during the night. Elizabeth and I sat out in the backyard enjoying the balmy cool morning.

Around 9:30 Joe and I drove over to JR3, Joe’s former employer for a visit. Joe visited and I read in the car (my turn to rest). 

Next up was a 2+ hour visit with our dear friends the Burdens. Ginger, Jim, Jennifer (one of their 4 daughters) and I enjoyed a visit on their back patio. Eventually, Jim and Jennifer wondered away while Ginger and I continued to visit. I also got to say hi to their oldest daughter, Jessica. Joe had stayed behind ro rest some more. Benedryl had taken hold and sleep was his best friend.

The Burdens are long time friends (1979) and we have been sharing life events for so long that they are family.  Ginger was the first person I trusted to take care of Megan as an infant. To this day, Megan loves her Aunty Ginger and Uncle Jim deeply.

I came home around 3:30 pm to a sleeping Joe. I thought I’d nap for a bit and ended up meditating and resting instead.

At 5:00pm, Joe and I met our friend Michael for dinner in downtown Woodland. Michael had questions about our trip and we got caught up on his life this past 6 months.

It was an awesome day of connecting with people we are blessed to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...