Saturday, October 28, 2023

Hanging Out!

We had the grandchildren for the day from 1:00pm until 8:00pm. Earlier in the day Charlotte and Caleb attended a birthday party for a neighborhood friend, Milo, at a nearby indoor water park.

Once they got home at 1:00pm, they showered off the chlorine, and helped to put the finishing touches on our special evening dinner of dips, crudites, and brownies. Caleb and Joe finished making an onion dip recipe from Raddish, while Charlotte and I prepared the brownie recipe.

Today's recipes to prepare with Caleb & Charlotte
Finished brownies!

Once the brownies were in the oven, the kids got an hour each of screen time, while Joe took a nap in our flat and I fell asleep on the sofa while chilling with Charlotte and Caleb. Actually, I slept while Caleb played. Charlotte likes to explain the moves she’s making, part of the time, so that kept me awake.

Dinner was out of the ordinary as we served 4 different dips, loads of vegetables, roasted potato wedges, pita bread, and potato chips to dip into the dip. The ketchup ended up being our 5th dip for the potato wedges. Both kids told us they thought it was a great dinner. It became spectacular when they each had two BIG brownies after dinner.

Our dips for the evening were roasted red pepper, the onion dip mentioned above, hummus, and tzatziki. The veggies were cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions. Charlotte as usual is the most adventurous eater. She tried all the dips and stuck with hummus. Caleb ate about a cup of hummus and his usual large pile of cucumbers. They both enjoyed the potato wedges. I think they each ate 1/8 of a pita.

Joe, Charlotte, and Caleb with a table full of dips and goodies.

After dinner we played games until Megan and Jeremy came home a little after 8:00 pm. Tonight’s games included Don’t’ Break the Ice, Throw Throw Burrito, and Trouble. Grandpa and I came back to our flat to rest up. Jeremy, Megan, CHarlotte, and Caleb were going to watch a Halloween movie.

I enjoyed my time with the grands. I know I'll blink and they will be all grown up. 


1 comment:

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...