Friday, November 3, 2023

Friday Musings

Every morning I read the news and then spend the rest of the day shaking it off. I feel more content when I do not let too much of the world's unrest seep into my spirit.

While I am aware of what is going on in the world around me, I also want to protect my inner peace. It is one area of my life that I can set boundaries. The boundary between being aware and caring so much I get stuck in the mire.

I wonder at times:

     Is it enough to love and care for others as I can?

     Is it enough to not challenge other people's political beliefs because I know I am not             going to change their mind?

     Is it enough to love everyone where they are at, in this moment, even when I disagree           with their values?

 And that leads me to wonder how much energy I have “to be enough" after all the years of feeling that I am not meeting the expectations of someone at some point. I desperately want to let go of trying to meet expectations. My own and other people. Except somewhere in the last sixty-seven years, I lost track of which expectations are someone else’s and which are my own.

I am not sad or discouraged which the above ponderings may imply. Simply curious more than anything as to how others protect their sanity amidst the news of the day. I am laying my thoughts out in case someone else, somewhere else, has some of the same thoughts or similar. Please feel free to share how you cope.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Perfect Birthday

Turning sixty-eight years old is no big deal. I woke up this morning feeling better than I felt before I retired at sixty-six years old. Ret...