Saturday, November 4, 2023

Getting Old is Expensive!

Nice dinner out this evening. Jeremy and Megan went to a Minnesota Gopher’s football game, and we elected to dine out in Delano this evening. We went to The King House and ate ramen. We ended our meal with a mascarpone berry dessert. Yum!

We are settling in with books for the evening. I am reading the latest Janet Evanovich, Stephanie Plum, book on Kindle. Joe is reading a Kerry Greenwood book that is part of the Corrina Chapman series. He recently finished all the Phryne Fisher series, also by Kerry Greenwood. I read both series over the years and they are excellent if you like mysteries and strong female characters.

This morning we went to Buffalo for the first of my shingles vaccines. I am all up to date with vaccines until January when I will go in for the second shingles shot.

I am grateful that my insurance covers the cost of all the vaccines. I was surprised to find out what my insurance company paid to Walgreens for my recent vaccines:

Shingrix $226.75

Pneumonia $264.68

RSV     $329.79

Since I have had full coverage with Kaiser since 2015, I had no clue the cost of vaccines as Kaise also paid in full. I don’t see a charge for our COVID-19 or Flu vaccines so those may be free of charge to us and not billed to our insurance company.

I also appreciate my insurance picking up the partial coverage for my eyeglasses and hearing aids. Gosh, getting old is expensive!

Today I enjoyed watching Lessons In Chemistry (Apple TV) and finished Season 4 of Ghost Whisperers. The rest of my day will be devoted to reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Mornings With Caleb & Charlotte (#2)

  Our morning started with Caleb and Charlotte spending time with us while Megan did her volunteer stint. Since it was raining (yes, again!)...