Thursday, November 2, 2023

Minnesota Musings

The photo is of our windshield at 9:45 am this morning. I thought it was pretty.

The ice formations look like snowflakes we would make in gradeschool,

Appearances. Appearances don't count for diddly! In the end, all that really matters is what was true, and truly felt, and how we treated one another. – Julia Sugerbaker

Designing Women was one of the few TV shows I watched when it originally aired. When I see clips the show still seems relevant. The other day I ran across a clip with Julie talking with her sister, Suzanne, about Suzanne’s insecurity and her need to be physically beautiful.

After volunteering for a few hours at the thrift shop today, I came home, ate my lunch, and proceeded to take a 3-hour nap. Woke up in time for spaghetti dinner. Dinner with the grandkids is my favorite activity. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and every other Saturday dinners are the “grand” times. One of the favorite dinner time conversations is when Caleb or Charlotte ask us their favorite question “would you rather” or Caleb likes to ask questions like tonight’s, “If you could bring back any extinct sea creature, what would it be.”

As you may imagine, Grandpa could answer that. Heck, I don’t know which sea creatures are extinct. Then we got a schooling on pterodactyls not being dinosaurs, they are birds. That was also a courtesy of Caleb.

Charlotte’s question for me and grandpa tonight was “How do you know if there is one or multiple sharks in the water.” I said I’d count their fins. Charlotte then went on to say, “The fins could be tricks by other swimmers.” She suggested we get up close and touch the fin to see if it was real. I told her that wasn’t going to happen. Grandpa was with me on that response.

Dinner is fun.

Megan does about 95% of the cooking for our evening meals. She plans, shops, and cooks. Many nights she will also clean up after dinner, though Joe and I try to help as often as she will let us.

My find at the Thrift store today is pictured below. We have avoided unpacking our plates and are using paper bowls and paper plates to minimize dishes to wash in the bathroom. When I came across the bowls, I decided to buy them ($4.25 for a set of 6) because (1) I love them and (2) Joe will take the bowls upstairs to wash in the kitchen sink. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find the Broom (How Smart are You?)

  There is a broom hidden in the above picture. I found the broom within 30 seconds. Does this mean I am smarter than average? I doubt it. I...