Saturday, December 9, 2023

Cartoon Reflection

This cartoon caused me to stop and reflect. Have you ever found yourself in an awkward position after a conversation with a stranger? Over the years, more times than I care to count, I can remember thinking, "I talked too much. I should not have said that. I overshared."

Which is why I sometimes experience anxiety before a new social situation. I can be excited at the prospect and then on the day of the event, I begin to talk myself into just staying home. I do not stay home though as I have learned through the years that I will have at least an okay time if not an enjoyable time.

I appreciate this cartoon as it reminds me that I have been the stocking and I have been the pinata in conversations. The self-focused, unaware, stocking. Or the frozen-in-place pinata thinking of the other person, "They have no clue."

The reality is, I do not know what either of these characters are thinking. I look at this cartoon and project my own life experiences onto the cartoon. It is not like there must be a wrong or right way to look at the cartoon.

I admire the heck out of people who look at it and laugh and move on. I am still discovering the line between being mindful in conversations and over-thinking the heck out of every situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye to Our Ash Tree

The ash tree we share with a neighbor was cut down today. We like trees. This tree was sick and needed to come down. I was resting up from o...