Monday, January 1, 2024

Welcome to 2024 - A Year of Joy!


I love how New Year's Day feels like a fresh start each year. At least for me. It feels exciting. As if anything is possible in the New Year!

My word for 2024 is Joy. My idea is to look for something in each day that brings me joy. Maybe it will be something as simple as walking to the car and discovering the roof, windshield, and hood covered in snow. Maybe it will be as poignant as helping a family member celebrate their one year of sobriety (February). Maybe it will be the rush I get when I have completed my steps and Yoga goals each day. Maybe it will be the replaying of Charlotte's words from the other day, "Grandma you teach me the fun stuff and Grandpa Joe teaches me the cool stuff." Or Caleb's discovery that he likes the taste of a new food he has tried. Maybe it will be celebrating a milestone or a sweet memory.

This next year is a presidential election year so looking for joy, while we are being inundated with politics (Really? What is new about that??) and educating ourselves on how to save democracy, will be essential for my continued mental health.

May you find joy in 2024 and the years ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Karnes Get Together - Independence State Dam

Yesterday afternoon, before the 50 th class reunion, Joe and I stopped in to see my Uncle Dick and Aunt Sue. We enjoyed visiting with them....