Saturday, January 13, 2024

River Inn - A New Dining Experience For Us

Brrrr. It is cold in Rockford Minnesota today. The wind is also blowing which makes it feel even colder. I managed to stay in the house until we headed out at 4:45pm to have dinner at a restaurant I have been wanting to try in Hanover. The River Inn is about 6.5 miles from Megan’s house.

I figured if we got to The River Inn by five it would be less crowded. Silly me. The wait was an hour; however, they had a heated tent outside with seating for guests waiting to dine. Joe ordered a beer, and I had a glass of Pinot Noir. It was a pleasant wait as we were warm and had an alcoholic drink to keep our insides warm.

Once inside the restaurant/bar it was crowded and noisy. We could have a conversation which made the noise level okay. Also, there was no music in the background which I liked.

We both ended up ordering the same dinner: Lightly blackened Walleye, green and yellow beans and carrot mixed vegetables, baked potato, and a cup of split pea soup. The soup had potatoes in it which was a first for me. It was excellent. The Walleye was superb. Even though we were both full, we decided to split a piece of New York style cheesecake with caramel drizzle and whipped cream. Yum!

I had already eatten my vegetables when I remembered to take a photo.
The bread on the plate was a good addition. They served the meal with drawn butter. Yum.

The chunks of ham along with the
added potato made for a hearty split pea soup.

When we came out of the restaurant it was snowing and colder as the sun had set. The wind had also picked up even more (weather report says gusts up to thirty miles per hour). The fifty or so steps to our car felt like an eternity.

We would dine there again, and we agreed it would be a wonderful place to take future guests. The prices are reasonable as well. Joe’s beer was $6.00, and my glass of wine was $9.00. It was full glass of wine and Joe’s beer was twelve ounces. Our dinners were $25.99 each and the cheesecake was $7.50.

My joyful moment today was the hugs I got from Charlotte and Caleb when they left for their mom’s this morning. I love my grandkids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...