Sunday, January 14, 2024

Sunday Morning and New Podcast Discovery

I spent part of my morning cooking Bill’s Maryland Crab Soup from The Whole Body Reset book by Stephen Perrine (with Heidi Skolnik). It was the first time I have used Old Bay Seasoning. It is the first time I have cooked with crab. It came out tasty. One serving is two cups; however, I needed three cups to get the amount of protein and fiber needed for one meal.

My soup turned out the consistency of a broth since I could only find imitation crab in the local grocery stores. We went with canned wild crab which is finely shredded.

Last night I discovered a Facebook friend in Canada started a podcast with her neighbor. Happy Hour with Ruth & Roxy is at https://happyhourrr.com/.

Their tagline is More Happy Hours. Less Bullshit. Right up my alley. I found it like listening to two friends. Their discussion during the show titled “Jan 12 Jan sickness, Dawa, Living in another country and more” resonated with me. You can read their biographies at the website link.

I call Ruth my Facebook friend as we have not met in person. We met in an online group along with my friends Anne and Linda in Pennsylvania, my friend M in North Carolina, and my friend Susan from Alaska who winters in Arizona, (we visited each of them during our 2023 road trip) among other women when we all connected. Anyway, all of this to say I am a fan of Ruth’s and enjoy reading about her trips to Africa and other places around the world. I am excited about her partnering with Roxy and the creation of their podcast. They also have a blog which you can find at the Happy Hourrr website.

My moment of joy today is that I have the rest of the afternoon to read a novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...