Thursday, January 11, 2024

Vaccine Booster. Warning: Napping Side Effect

Got my Shingrix booster yesterday afternoon. Today I am having a challenging time staying awake. I want to sleep! The vaccine site is red and inflamed which means the vaccine is doing its job. The longest I have been awake at any one time was three hours this morning when I managed to get the laundry done after taking Joe to work. I also managed to do Yoga and a ten-minute meditation. Then it was nap time.

I woke up to eat a snack and went back to sleep. If it were not for my bladder I would have slept until 12:52pm. That was my alarm to hop on a virtual chat with my cousin, Eleanor. 

I enjoyed visiting with Eleanor for an hour and seven minutes. I would still be talking to her except my bladder had other ideas. That is also how I know how long we chatted. I glanced at the computer clock thinking if we had only been talking half an hour, I probably had five more minutes and could wait. Time flies when you are having fun.

I then went back to bed and here it is 4:30pm. I read for five to ten minutes at a time when I stirred once or twice and then I would just doze off. 

The good news is that the Shingrix vaccine only needs repeating every ten years. The best news though is that I should not get shingles. The people I know who have had shingles relay that it is excruciating. Sleeping is not excruciating for me. I appear to be a natural at it.

My joy moment today was when I realized I have a comfortable bed to lay down on and no responsibilities to deal with so I could sleep since my body was demanding it. I spent too many years ignoring my physical needs to go to work or to take care of things I thought were necessary. Not anymore!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...