Sunday, February 18, 2024

Coping with Disappointment

Everything happens for a reason.

It was meant to be this way.

Trust the process.

These are the words that pop into my head whenever there is a change in plans. It seems much easier for me to shift my perspective than to deal with disappointment that the plan did not work out.

Part of me is good with my coping mechanism of looking on the bright side. There are times though that I wonder if skating through life on my happy cloud results in a shallow me.

What is, is.

What will be, will work out fine.

Maybe Plan B will work out better.

It is at times like this I am grateful for my meditation practice. It helps to remind me that I can sit with my feelings and be okay.

In the grand scheme of life, the disappointment I am feeling that Plan B is now Plan C is minor. One foot in front of another. Already putting Plan C into motion gives me a focus.

Should Plan C fail there is always Plan D.

Everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...