Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Fourth Grade "Music of America" Performances

Last night we had the pleasure of attending Caleb's Fourth Grade Spotlight on the Arts Concert at the elementary school. Next year, Caleb will move to the middle school which is for 5th through 8th graders.

The evening started with skits performed by students at six different stations in the school library/media center. Caleb was in a Pizza Delivery skit and did an excellent job of projecting his voice and staying in character. He played the man who ordered the pizza only to discover the delivery person had eaten half of the pizza during the delivery commute. 

We then moved to the auditorium and were delighted by performances of bucket drumming, world drumming, basketball rhythms, Gullah stick pounding, piano performers, recorders, cup passing rhythms, boom whackers, dancing, and choral singing. 

I enjoyed watching the children move freely about the stage as they prepared for their performances. Students helped each other with getting the materials they needed for each performance and enthusiastically cheered on their fellow performers. 

The theme Music of America included songs representing the Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, the Midwest and ended with "This Land is Your Land." A stirring performance all by itself.

I was so proud of every one of the performers. Watching them interact and support each other during the concert made me feel happy and proud.

Today was a day of connection, I had my second facial this morning with Juli at Hidden Gem Skin Spa. I enjoyed learning more about the products and the facial felt fantastic. After the facial, my cousin Eleanor and I had out monthly video chat which was fun. Later in the evening friend Kim and I held a Facetime chat. 

Mixed in all of this was more inspection follow-up and conversations with Susan in California and Anne in Minnesota.

We keep moving forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...