Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Dinner in the City

Joe and I met a friend from California in downtown Minneapolis for an early dinner. Our friend is in town for a trade show. We picked him up at his hotel at 5:00pm and went to J.D. Hoyt’s Supper Club for dinner. J.D. Hoyt’s was fabulous! I had grilled shrimp; Joe and our friend had a chicken pasta dish. We shared a basket of cornbread that was incredible! The servings were enough for at least two meals. Joe only ordered ½ a plate of pasta, so he did not have leftovers. The friend ordered full-size and had enough to take back to his hotel for two more meals. J.D. Hoyt’s Supper Club is known for serving athletic size meals. They are not bluffing.

The generous portions were not why I selected this place for dinner. On their website (https://jdhoyts.com/) they state, “J.D. Hoyt’s is the kind of place you look for when you travel to a new city – a friendly, shining, non-corporate place that showcases all that is good about the city that it calls home, the kind of place your cab driver might take you if you ask for the best steak or pork chop in town.” The claim caught my eye while researching a place downtown for our dinner. I will definitely add this to the list of places to take future guests.

After we dropped our friend back at his hotel, we drove past the Prince mural in downtown Minneapolis. I couldn’t get a photo since I cannot get my camera app open fast enough, so I downloaded one from the internet.


We had storms most of today. Loud thunder, lightning, and downpours. Just as we got to the hotel at 5:01pm the rain stopped. Perfect timing. Traffic was not too heavy going into the city, much heavier coming out as people left work for the day. Coming home after dinner, about 7:30 pm, the traffic was light. We are still trying to figure out the freeways system here, but it is mostly on the downtown city streets that can be confusing. I could never do it without a GPS system. I’d be perpetually lost or at the very least late.

Three and a half days (or 87 hours from the time I wrote this at 8:30 pm) until we close on the house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...