Monday, April 15, 2024

Found a Bench and a Goose

Five more days until we sign the paperwork for our new home and take possession.

Two friends sent us recommendations for either building and/or having a bench custom made. I thought I’d give it one more shot and actually visit a furniture store instead of checking out their websites. Today, Joe and I went to Ashley Furniture in Albertville. Albertville and Saint Michael are right next to each other. They share schools and a water tower. After looking at more traditional benches, we ended up purchasing a dining room table bench for our entryway. I will buy a shoe bench separately to store guests’ shoes. The good news is that the bench can be used in the dining room as seating when we have more than six people for a meal.

While shopping we came across flocks of Canadian geese in a pond near Ashley. Next to Ashley is the Albertville Outlet stores and I was intrigued by the goose heading to Five Below to shop. I assumed he/she was shopping.

This evening, Megan and I went to Clay’s Bar & Grill and played Bingo. I enjoyed the time out of the house. Thank goodness for Megan. She helped me. The caller would shout out N45 and I would look in the G column. In my mind forty-five should be in G, but it was in N. I don’t recall having that problem when I was younger. There were twelve rounds, each with a unique way to get Bingo. We lost all twelve games. I started thinking that a nice part of playing Bingo is that I feel good when I have the number called. That’s a win all by itself!

Tomorrow we are scheduled to meet up with a friend who is in Minneapolis for a trade show. I hope he remembers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...