Saturday, April 13, 2024

Down the Rabbit Hole...


Firsts. It strikes me funny (odd) today that I am experiencing firsts in my retirement years. Buying a house is one of them. Joe is not a first-time home buyer. He purchased three homes over the years, including the home we just sold.

Today I researched gas grills for our new home. This will be the first time we have owned a gas grill. Wow! Who knew there were so many choices? I went down the rabbit hole and invested about four hours in grill research trying to make sure I get one that best serves us and is affordable. I cannot imagine who is purchasing the grills with a price tag of $10,000 or more. Not me. I think I have it narrowed down to three. It is like the new house – bigger than the two of us need, but better for when we have company and want to grill (food, not the company. Though people who know me may think I am grilling them during conversations).

Another rabbit hole: I researched underground fences and came across the HALO collar. Megan agreed to try the collar on Pan for when the dogs come to visit or stay with us (when they are out of town). We will get to try it out and train Pan before they leave in early May for Shasta and Jackie’s wedding in Woodland, California.

I climbed out of the rabbit hole long enough to cook meatloaf for the family. Other than discovering that there is such a thing as a ½ Tablespoon AFTER I had salted the recipe, it turned out well. I even chopped the onion and garlic. In the interest of saving time, Joe often does the chopping for recipes as he is faster. I enjoyed making dinner this evening. Starting next weekend I can cook in our own kitchen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...