Saturday, May 18, 2024

Neighbor Visits (Open House)

We had an amazing visit with a family in our neighborhood last evening. They came with their four daughters ranging in age from fourteen years old to ten months old. We ate ice cream at the kitchen island and visited for a little bit. Then Joe took mom and dad off for a tour of the house while the girls and I talked and sorted through our rock and stone collection.

Mom has a terrific energy and engaging manner about her. When I asked what she enjoys doing when she is not taking care of her family, she laughed. She does like shopping as do all three of the older girls. They enjoy Mall of America (MOA). I teased them that I may have them take my nieces to the MOA when they visit in June! Maybe I can get Megan to drive all of them to Minneapolis and she can find a quiet spot and let them all shop till they drop! I will be out touring lake sites with my Jeff and Kathy.

Our guests also brought us a lovely card, a bottle of wine, and a bottle of champagne. Now they will have to visit again to help us drink it!

Today we had an Open House for our neighbors to drop by and have a tour of the house. While many in the neighborhood were out of town or had prior commitments, we enjoyed meeting and visiting with the people who dropped by.

We served cookies, made by Megan, and strawberry-lemonade punch. The cookies were delicious as well as beautiful.

Cookies and flowers.
Close up of the cookies


One neighbor dropped flowers off on our porch last night, another brought a beautiful plant, and still another gifted us kitchen/bar towels and an aromatherapy hand wash. The cards we received welcoming us to the neighborhood were equally sweet. When I invited people to the Open House, I did not even think about gifts. The thoughtfulness of our neighbors was very touching to Joe and me. The gift we wanted most was getting to meet the neighbors and sharing our home with them.

Kitchen set-up for the Open House
Kalanchoe blossfeldiana (a succulent) with Joe in the dining room

We appreciated the energy our neighbors brought to our house today. We are richly blessed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...