Thursday, June 27, 2024

Thursday Mornings with Caleb and Charlotte

Today was my first Thursday morning with Caleb and Charlotte while Megan volunteers at a local dog and cat shelter. Charlotte was attending her last day of summer school until 11:30am. Caleb did a spelling and math worksheet, practiced his tuba, and then matched wits with me on card and board games. It appears Caleb has wit and luck on his side. I will be spending Thursday mornings with the grandkids until school starts back up on September 3rd. I am looking at it as an opportunity to keep my brain learning new games and strategies to fend off dementia.

Caleb has started tuba lessons this summer as part of the requirements for fifth grade. Both Caleb and charlotte posed for pictures this morning for the blog.


Charlotte was proudly displaying the glider she assembled and colored.

Megan got covered in puppy poop and asked me to make the kids lunch while she showered. Caleb, Charlotte, and I visited over their peanut butter sandwiches with fresh strawberries on the side.

Joe and I have everything packed to take off for the weekend in Ohio. We will leave at 5:00am and get into Defiance late tomorrow afternoon. Saturday is my 50th class reunion.

The video is of Caleb practicing his notes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Karnes Get Together - Independence State Dam

Yesterday afternoon, before the 50 th class reunion, Joe and I stopped in to see my Uncle Dick and Aunt Sue. We enjoyed visiting with them....