Monday, August 19, 2024

Garden Bed Prepping

Joe hard at work!

Joe has been prepping his raised bed garden for the past five days. He has six of the beds residing on or near our patio which is off of the family room/pool table level of the house. It will be easier for me to access the garden as it is one of the most level areas of the backyard. He plans to have two other beds in the yard but has to dig up and level an area before he can begin to prepare the beds.

Joe says he will not plant vegetables  this year; however, doing as much prep work as possible this year means he can plant next summer without days of prep work. The photo above he is layering  the beds with the hay we picked up a couple of weeks ago. The photo is taken from the sunroom which looks out  over the patio on the north side of the house. Since he finished the front yard, Joe has been focusing on backyard work.

Inside view of a garden bed. The good news is that Joe gets everything free from the local composting site and from his past yard work.

I planned to take a day away from the computer and instead got caught up in watching political videos on YouTube. That has to change, or I will make myself crazy before the election. I am excited about the start of the 2024 Democratic National Convention tonight and plan to watch it on the NPR website. I just have to stay awake until 8:00 pm Central Time when it begins.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Day 632 of My Daily Writing Journey

  When I decided to write everyday after retiring from my business career, I thought I might be okay with trying it for a year to see if I c...