Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Sod It All!


We ordered sod this morning and they delivered the same day. Joe had been preparing the soil over the past few weeks, so he was able to install the sod shortly after it arrived. I have before pictures and will get the after photos tomorrow and post them all together in the coming week. The next yard project is the back property line where there are overgrown weeds and rogue trees growing amongst pretty ground cover.

I have been immersing myself in political information over the past several weeks. It has been overwhelming at times sorting out what is true and what is conjecture; however, I feel true joy at the Harris-Walz ticket. I have been double checking all of our registration information. We can begin early voting in the General election at the end of September. We will go vote within the first week of early voting. Then I can forget about the election until November 6th. I will stay on top of the political news though.

We will be early voting, yet this week, for the August 13th Primary election in Minnesota which is for Senate and U.S. House of Representatives.

Tomorrow is Thursday. It is one of my favorite days of the week because I get to spend time with Caleb and Charlotte while Megan is volunteering at an animal shelter. Tomorrow we are planning on movies and lunch. Before we know it will be September and  they will be back in school and hanging out with teachers on Thursday mornings.

For this evening, I am going to go read all of the dad jokes being generated about Tim Walz. They make me laugh aloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Day Flew By

Today got away from me. It might be because I stayed in bed reading until 9:30 am. If I didn’t have a bladder, I might still be lounging. ...