Thursday, August 8, 2024

Thursdays with Caleb and Charlotte (and the Sod Photos)

Harold and the Purple Crayon was a delightful movie. So many life lessons while being poignant and making me laugh aloud. Caleb and Charlotte enjoyed the movie as well. They both enjoy drawing, so they especially liked the creatures that were drawn in the film. 

After the movie we had lunch at River Inn in Hanover. We didn't linger over lunch as it was cold at the restaurant. The temperature only got as high as 65 degrees today. Charlotte was smarter than Caleb and me, she wore a sweatshirt she explained to us, "Because I knew the movie theater would be cold." We were warm during the movie, but the restaurant had a slight breeze coming into the enclosed porch we were seated at during lunch.

In addition to spending time with the grandkids, doing chores, and running errands, I managed to compile photos of the yard. There are three before and three after photos. A fourth after photo is looking from the street straight back to our backyard and covers all of the area that has new sod.

Very front of side yard - Joe is watering the dirt before laying the sod.

Very front of the side yard with sod.

Side section near retaining wall - before sod.
Side section near retaining wall - after sod.

The last section on the side yard that needed sod.
The last section after sod.
A view from the street- no more dirt! I am sure our neighbor is happy
to have the dirt covered.





1 comment:

The Day Flew By

Today got away from me. It might be because I stayed in bed reading until 9:30 am. If I didn’t have a bladder, I might still be lounging. ...