Friday, April 21, 2023

Huntsville Hospitality (Day 24 Road Trip)

 We explored the Huntsville Botanical Gardens with Kent and Tammy today. There is currently a show of origami art and so I captured some of the work. Instead of paper the work was done in metals. We spent several hours and saw about one quarter of the gardens. I am grateful there are so many benches throughout the park so I could walk and then rest for a bit.







From a model train layout to waterfalls the gardens are a forest bather's paradise. Tammy shared with me that she will come to the gardens to walk and see people sitting on benches with their Starbucks and books enjoying the quiet and beauty.

After the gardens we drove over to the US Space and Rocket Center. We simply did a drive through – the place is huge, and I was tired after the gardens.

We had lunch at Bubbys and then came home. I excused myself to come up and write my blog. Instead, I fell asleep until Joe came to get me for dinner. Joe and Kent worked on a project together and Tammy was cooking (We had Swiss steak, gravy, mashed potatoes, broccoli, olives and sweet pickles, biscuits, homemade apple butter and strawberry shortcake).

I am enjoying our stay in Huntsville. Not just because of all the cool places to explore, Tammy’s cooking, and the perfect weather for exploring. Kent and Tammy are gracious hosts and have made us feel very welcomed.

I appreciate that Tammy and Kent share openly about their lives. I am learning a lot more about our family dynamics and feeling gratitude that we are finding ways to break the cycles of criticism we were exposed to on a regular basis by relatives. This is my year for transformation. Tammy and Kent are contributing nuggets of wisdom to the transformation process. Plus, they are both showing me a great deal of patience. You all know how sweet Joe Coehlo is to me? Well, right now I am surrounded by three sweet people.

I have been remiss in writing about a very important member of the Replogle family – Bentley. Meet Bentley.

He makes this funny growl noise when he wants your attention. Tammy said he likes to argue. He is a sweetheart though. He will lay at my feet when I am drinking my coffee in the morning. Then I will move my foot and boy do I hear about it!  

I took a few photos of Kent and Tammy’s front yard. It is lovely. Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...